Okay, this is going to be the easiest recipe of your life. It looks like a lot of steps, but that's only because I'm thorough. Now set your oven to 400 degrees and grab these items:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of flour (I used whole wheat, but you can probably use whatever you use)
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of onion powder
- dash of salt and pepper
And then do this:
1. Cut your cauliflower up into wing-sized florets.
2. Crack your eggs in a bowl and whisk them up.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
4. Spray a baking dish (I used two cookie sheets because I had a lot of cauliflower).
5. Dip the cauliflower in the egg wash.
6. Dip the eggy cauliflower (I just added "eggy" to my computer's dictionary) in the flour mix, being sure to coat all sides, and place it on the cookie sheet. Continue until all of the cauliflower is breaded.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the cauliflower.
8. Return the cauliflower to the oven for 10 more minutes.
9. Meanwhile, make your sauce! This really depends on how you like your wings, but for this batch I mixed:
2/3 cup of buffalo sauce (I used Frank's RedHot)
1/3 cup of ranch
10. Take the cauliflower out of the oven and drizzle each piece with the wing sauce OR if you want them really saucy, put the "wings" in a bowl, pour the sauce on top, and toss it all around. I used the toss method the first time, but those were really hot so I just drizzled the next tray and they were a lot better.
11. Then you might sprinkle some cheese on top. I used leftover taco cheese. It was delicious.
12. Put the cauliflower back in the oven for 5 minutes to let the cheese and sauce become one with the cauliwings.
13. Take 'em out, plate 'em up, and drizzle 'em with ranch if you so choose (I did).
Eat to your heart's content because it's freaking cauliflower!